- 1 What should I bring to bootcamp?
- 2 Can you bring your phone to Marine boot camp?
- 3 Can you bring pictures to Marine boot camp?
- 4 How do I prepare for Marine boot camp?
- 5 What can you not bring to bootcamp?
- 6 Do you shower together in basic training?
- 7 How much money will I have after Marine boot camp?
- 8 Can you text in basic training?
- 9 What happens when you finish Marine boot camp?
- 10 Can a drill sergeant hit you?
- 11 Can female Marines wear makeup?
- 12 What is a day like in Marine boot camp?
- 13 Is it OK to say oorah to a Marine?
- 14 How many push ups do Marines do?
- 15 How much do Marines sleep during boot camp?
What should I bring to bootcamp?
What To Bring To Boot Camp
- One-day supply of casual, comfortable clothing (no halter-tops or ragged shorts)
- Three sets of underwear (white)
- One pair of white, calf-length athletic socks (no color bands, designs or logos).
- A pair of comfortable shoes.
- Eyeglasses (no faddish/stylish eyewear)
Can you bring your phone to Marine boot camp?
There are no cell phones allowed in Basic Training. This is a consistent rule for all of the military branches: Do not expect your service member to be able to call you, text you, or receive your messages when they are in Basic Training. The Marine Corps does not allow any cell phone access until after graduation.
Can you bring pictures to Marine boot camp?
Be sure the photos are small and of good taste. Everything you bring in to Marine boot camp is looked through, so nothing is really private.
How do I prepare for Marine boot camp?
You can prepare for Marine boot camp by building up your abdominal and back muscles, which make up your core, with specific exercises.
- Free Weights.
- Assisted Pull-ups.
- Hanging Hold.
- Improving Upper-Body Strength.
What can you not bring to bootcamp?
Items you may not bring:
- Knives, guns, brass knuckles or anything that may be used as a weapon.
- Dice, playing cards or anything that may be used to gamble.
- Magazines, books, crossword puzzles or any other media that is not of a religious nature.
- Cigarettes, dip, lighters or any other tobacco products.
- Large photo albums.
Do you shower together in basic training?
In basic training, you take group showers. There’s no way out of communal showers. They’re required. Your instructor will give you a time limit for your shower and tell you when you may take your shower during the day or night.
How much money will I have after Marine boot camp?
Many recruits graduate boot camp with more than $3,000. That’s a decent chunk of change. After you have four months in service, your pay rate will be $1,733 a month, or $20,796 a year. For an E-2 or Private First Class, pay is $1,943 a month, $22,316 a year.
Can you text in basic training?
Recruits in many Army basic training platoons are now allowed to use personal cell phones to call friends and families, send text messages, and update their social media status.
What happens when you finish Marine boot camp?
After boot camp, there is a graduation ceremony open to visitors. There are a couple of days leading up to the graduation ceremony where new Marines have the opportunity to spend time with their family. Once graduation is over, Marines may take ten days of leave with one travel day.
Can a drill sergeant hit you?
The military’s drill sergeants and instructors are prohibited from hitting their recruits.
Can female Marines wear makeup?
Makeup: Cosmetics are allowed on female Marines but must be applied conservatively. They also must compliment the individual complexion of the Marine. Lipstick: It is permitted so long as it harmonizes and doesn’t distract from overall appearance.
What is a day like in Marine boot camp?
A typical day in the life of a recruit during Marine Corps Basic Training: First call (wake-up) — showering, shaving for males, certain morning tasks. PT (physical training).
Is it OK to say oorah to a Marine?
Oorah is a battle cry common in the United States Marine Corps since the mid-20th century. It is comparable to hooah in the US Army and hooyah in the US Navy and US Coast Guard. It is most commonly used to respond to a verbal greeting or as an expression of enthusiasm.
How many push ups do Marines do?
If Marines choose pushups, the best they can score is a 70. Men between the ages of 21 and 25 will need 87 pushups to earn max points. Marine women aged 26-30 would need 50 pushups to get the maximum 70 points. In comparison, soldiers need between 71 and 77 for a max score of 100 points on the Army’s fitness test.
How much do Marines sleep during boot camp?
“Recruits get eight hours of sleep during the entire 54-hour exercise,” said Sgt. Roger Summers, a Delta Company drill instructor in the 1st Recruit Training Battalion at Parris Island.