- 1 How much do Marine embassy guards make?
- 2 How do you become an embassy guard in the Marines?
- 3 Is it hard to become an embassy guard?
- 4 Why do marines guard embassies?
- 5 Why are there Marines at the White House?
- 6 Can Marine security guards get married?
- 7 How long is Marine FAST training?
- 8 How long is Marine Security Forces training?
- 9 Is it hard to be a Marine security guard?
- 10 Do Marines guard US embassies?
- 11 What marines guard the president?
How much do Marine embassy guards make?
The average salary for an Embassy Security Guard is $34,075 per year in United States, which is 16% lower than the average US Marine Corps salary of $41,007 per year for this job.
How do you become an embassy guard in the Marines?
- Must be in the rank of E-2 through E-8.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be eligible for a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have one year time on station (waiverable).
- Must have an ASVAB ” GT Score ” of 90 or above (waiverable).
- Must have no tattoos visible in uniform.
Is it hard to become an embassy guard?
Training is intense, expensive, and tends to produce “washouts” due to high standards. Sergeants (E-5) and below enter the program as guards, while staff sergeants (E-6) and above, regardless if they’ve served embassy duty before, are trained to command an embassy guard detachment.
Why do marines guard embassies?
The secondary mission of Marine Security Guards is to provide protection for U.S. citizens and U.S. Government property located within designated U.S. Diplomatic and Consular premises during exigent circumstances, which require immediate aid or action.
Why are there Marines at the White House?
A recent video showing a pair of U.S. Marine sentries at the White House has gone viral. The reason? They appear to be practicing how to open and close a door.
Can Marine security guards get married?
The majority of Marine Security Guards are “Watchstanders” and are Sergeants and below. Marines applying who are Staff Sergeants and above are permitted to be married, and should be prepared to take their families to post with them. No single, custodial parents are permitted on the program.
How long is Marine FAST training?
After acceptance into FAST Company, they begin 5 Weeks of FAST training. From there, they go to an 8-week Close Quarter Battle School. The CQB school teaches FAST Marines how to fight in extremely close quarters.
How long is Marine Security Forces training?
A 33-day course designed to train and qualify Marines in the Military Occupational Specialty of 8152 (Basic Security Guard) for service within Marine Corps Security Force Regiment (MCSFR).
Is it hard to be a Marine security guard?
Marine Security Guard School Marine security guard is a volunteer special tour of duty within the Marine Corps, and selection standards are very high. MSG school is difficult, though, and the attrition rate exceeds 25 percent over the seven-week training course.
Do Marines guard US embassies?
The United States Marine Corps has participated in the internal security and protection of U.S. Embassies and Consulates on a formal basis with the Department of State since 1948. In 1950, Marine Security Guards helped evacuate U.S. Citizens at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul, during the Invasion of North Korea.
What marines guard the president?
Two Marine Corps Sentries guard the entrance to the West Wing of the White House. The President and First Lady often host formal events at the White House for invited guests.