- 1 What military bases are in New York State?
- 2 Is there an AFB in New York?
- 3 What state has the most marine bases?
- 4 Where is the Army base in upstate New York?
- 5 How many forts are in New York?
- 6 Where do most Marines get stationed?
- 7 What will be my base pay in the Marines?
- 8 Why did Griffiss AFB close?
- 9 What is the best Marine Corps Base?
What military bases are in New York State?
New York Military Bases Locations
- Fort Drum Army Base. Located in the beautiful Thousand Islands region of northern New York is the Fort Drum Army base.
- Fort Hamilton Army Base.
- U.S. Military Academy Army Base.
- NSA Saratoga Springs.
- Watervilet Arsenal Army Base.
Is there an AFB in New York?
Griffiss Air Force Base (GAFB) is located 24km north-west of Utica in Rome, New York. Built on a 3,552-acre site, the fighter base opened in February 1942.
What state has the most marine bases?
California is home to more military installations than any other state, with a total of 32. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and National Guard/Reserve bases are located across California.
Where is the Army base in upstate New York?
Fort Drum is a U.S. Army military reservation and a census-designated place (CDP) in Jefferson County, on the northern border of New York, United States. The population of the CDP portion of the base was 12,955 at the 2010 census. It is home to the 10th Mountain Division.
How many forts are in New York?
Although there are over 100 notable military sites across Upstate New York, here are a dozen battlefields and forts that are particularly interesting. Saratoga Battlefield.
Where do most Marines get stationed?
Many new Marines will land at Camp Pendleton or Camp Lejeune, the two biggest Marine Corps Bases. These bases, along with Okinawa and Hawaii, have vast landscapes necessary for training purposes.
What will be my base pay in the Marines?
Private First Class (E-2) basic Marine active-duty salary As of 2020, the basic Marine active-duty pay for Private First Class (E-2) Marines is $1,942.50 per month or $23,310 per year. The basic Marine active-duty pay for a Private First Class (E-2) ranking does not vary based on your number of years of service.
Why did Griffiss AFB close?
The 416 BW was inactivated in 1995 as part of another post-Cold War drawdown of United States strategic forces pursuant to a 1993 BRAC decision.
What is the best Marine Corps Base?
Top 5 duty stations in the Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii. You’re in Hawaii.
- Camp Pendelton, California.
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
- Mountain Warfare Training Center, Bridgeport, California.
- Marine Corps Detachment, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.