- 1 What are good reasons to join the Marines?
- 2 How does one become an officer in the Marines?
- 3 What makes the Marine Corps so special?
- 4 What brings you to OCS?
- 5 How much sleep do you get in Marine boot camp?
- 6 Can anyone be a Marine?
- 7 What is a Marine officer salary?
- 8 How hard is it to be a Marine officer?
- 9 Are Marines the toughest?
- 10 Who is better Marine or Navy SEAL?
- 11 Why does the Army hate the Marines?
- 12 Is OCS harder than boot camp?
- 13 Is it hard to get into OCS?
- 14 How can I get into OCS?
What are good reasons to join the Marines?
7 reasons you should become a Marine
- The Marine Corps has the best combat arms training in the military.
- Marines are smarter than they look.
- We have the best-looking dress uniform.
- Our branch was born in a bar.
- You will be in peak physical shape.
- You’ll see the world, probably.
- Marines are the best storytellers.
How does one become an officer in the Marines?
After you successfully earn your bachelor’s degree and complete the required Marine Corps courses and training requirements you will be commissioned as a Marine officer. The other option is to attend Officer Candidate School (OCS).
What makes the Marine Corps so special?
The Marine Corps is unique among Service branches in the intangible benefits it provides. Marines are paid well and receive the same health care and lifestyle employment benefits as other service members.
What brings you to OCS?
Entrance to OCS is obtained through the Platoon Leaders Class and Officer Candidates Course programs. Those who enter the Officer Candidates Course attend one ten-week session after graduation from college. Naval ROTC midshipmen in the Marine Option also attend for one six-week session prior to commissioning.
How much sleep do you get in Marine boot camp?
During training exercises, service members may sleep fewer than five hours per night. Typically, that five hours is split up into multiple episodes of sleep, usually lasting less than two hours each.
Can anyone be a Marine?
To even consider an endeavor of this magnitude is admirable, but just as the Marine Corps may not be right for everyone— not just anyone can be a Marine. To enlist as a Marine, you must obtain your high school diploma and be a legal U.S. resident between 17 and 28.
What is a Marine officer salary?
How much does a Marine Officer make in California? As of Sep 8, 2021, the average annual pay for a Marine Officer in California is $61,327 an year.
How hard is it to be a Marine officer?
How Hard Is Marine OCS? Marine OCS is one of the most difficult officer training programs out there. It requires you to be physically and mentally tough while running on little sleep. One former Adjutant described the attrition rate for women at 50% and men around 25%, stating that it was, “pretty hard.”
Are Marines the toughest?
Marine Corps basic training has the reputation of being the toughest of all the services. It most certainly is the longest, at about 12 1/2 weeks. It has been said time and time again by former Marines that Marine Corps recruit training was the most difficult thing they ever had to do in their entire lives.
U.S. Navy SEALs are an elite unit, more exclusive and harder to be admitted to than the U.S. Marines. “SEAL” is derived from their capacity to operate at SEa, in the Air, and on Land – but it’s their ability to work underwater that separates SEALs from most other military units in the world.
Why does the Army hate the Marines?
Many of the Armed Forces hate on the Marine Corps’ uniform—especially the Army. Even though Marines’ uniforms are a stunning, navy blue outfit, the soldiers hate the fact that they don’t change. That’s one of the reasons soldiers hate on the Marines, because the Marines don’t have to change their dress uniforms.
Is OCS harder than boot camp?
It was tougher than boot camp physically probably not mentally. The final event at OCS was a killer.
Is it hard to get into OCS?
Only about 60 percent of all those who apply are accepted for attendance at OCS. Civilian college graduate and current military candidates do not compete with each other for available OCS slots.
How can I get into OCS?
U.S. Army OCS requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a college graduate with at least a four-year degree.
- Be between 19 and 32 years old.
- Accept commission before the age of 34.
- Eligible for secret security clearance.