- 1 How do you get a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal?
- 2 Who can award a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal?
- 3 Where do you put ribbons in the Navy?
- 4 What is the C device?
- 5 What are the top 10 military medals?
- 6 What opening phrase is used for a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal?
- 7 What are considered personal awards USMC?
- 8 What order do my ribbons go?
- 9 Can you wear civilian awards on military uniform?
- 10 Do ribbons go on the left or right?
- 11 What is the most prestigious military Medal?
It is awarded for meritorious service or achievement in either combat or noncombat based on sustained performance or specific achievement of a superlative nature but which does not warrant a Navy Commendation Medal or higher.
The Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal (NAM) is a decoration presented by the United States Department of the Navy to service members of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps who have performed commendably in routine duties or exceptional achievements, that have not been recognized by a higher award.
Wear ribbons with the lower edge of the bottom row centered 1/4 inch above the left breast pocket and parallel to the deck. To prevent coat lapels from covering ribbons, ribbons may be aligned so the border to wearer’s left is aligned with left side of pocket.
What is the C device?
The “C” device would show that the Army Commendation Medal was awarded during combat. A soldier can receive a “C” device even if the soldier wasn’t personally engaged in combat but the service or achievement being recognized was in a combat area, according to the release.
What are the top 10 military medals?
The military medals discussed here are decorations, not awards.
- The Medal of Honor. The Medal of Honor is the highest military honor presented for valor.
- The Distinguished Service Cross, the Navy Cross and the Air Force Cross.
- Distinguished Flying Cross.
- The Bronze Star.
- The Purple Heart.
The following opening phrase is used for the Navy Achievement Medal: ” For professional achievement in the superior performance of his/her duties while serving as…” 2. Statement of Achievement or Service.
What are considered personal awards USMC?
Marine Corps awards fall into three classifications: personal and unit decorations, campaign and service medals, and marksmanship badges and trophies. Personal awards are conferred upon individuals for acts of heroism, acts of gallantry, or for meritorious service.
What order do my ribbons go?
Ribbons are placed left to right in order of precedence, and as you build your rack make sure it looks identical to the one online.
Can you wear civilian awards on military uniform?
It is permissible for veterans and retirees to wear military awards on civilian clothes for gatherings of a military theme. On significant holidays, veterans and retirees are encouraged to wear their awards and medals. The choice of either full-size medal or miniature is an individual one.
Do ribbons go on the left or right?
(a) General. Ribbons are worn in order of precedence from the wearer’s right to left, in one or more rows, with either no space between rows or 1/8-inch space between rows.
What is the most prestigious military Medal?
The Medal of Honor is the highest military decoration that may be awarded by the United States government.