- 1 What qualifies as an IG complaint?
- 2 What happens when you file an IG complaint?
- 3 How do I report a Marine misconduct?
- 4 How do I report a Marine?
- 5 Are IG complaints Anonymous?
- 6 What does IG mean in military?
- 7 What happens during an IG investigation?
- 8 How do I report to the Inspector General?
- 9 How do I contact a soldier’s commanding officer?
- 10 Can a spouse file an IG complaint?
- 11 How do I report military misconduct?
- 12 How do I contact the US Marine Corps?
- 13 How do I report a Marine recruiter?
- 14 How do you get kicked out of the Marines?
- 15 What is the job of the inspector general of the Marine Corps?
What qualifies as an IG complaint?
What type of complaints are appropriate? Any Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) and violations of law, Army instructions, or policy should be reported through the appropriate grievances channels. The subject of your complaint must be an Army program or person.
What happens when you file an IG complaint?
The complaints resolution process begins when a complaint is received by the IG. If possible, the IG will acknowledge receipt of the complaint at that time. If the complaint was received via fax, e-mail, or mail, the IG is required to confirm receipt (in writing, by telephone, or in person) within 5 duty days.
How do I report a Marine misconduct?
Additionally, the Marine Corps DSTRESS Line 1-877-476-7734 provides anonymous phone and chat referral service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Marines who have witnessed prohibited conduct should report the misconduct to their Chain of Command.
How do I report a Marine?
(800) 853-1964. NOAA Fisheries’ Enforcement Hotline provides live operator coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for anyone in the United States to report a federal marine resource violation.
Are IG complaints Anonymous?
If you file your complaint anonymously, we will not know who you are, and we will not be able to contact you to request additional information. In some instances, your local Inspector General has direct cognizance, purview, and oversight over programs, personnel, and operations regarding your complaint.
What does IG mean in military?
An inspector general is an investigative official in a civil or military organization. The plural of the term is “inspectors general”.
What happens during an IG investigation?
The OIG reviews the information and makes an initial determination of what action is required. If an allegation appears to be credible, the OIG will generally take one of three actions: (1) initiate an investigation; (2) initiate an audit or inspection; or (3) refer the allegation to management or another agency.
How do I report to the Inspector General?
Any indications of fraud, waste, abuse of authority, mismanagement, or other wrongdoing should be reported to the OIG, your supervisor, or other appropriate authorities. You may contact the OIG directly, by telephone at (202) 418-0470 or (202) 418-0473.
How do I contact a soldier’s commanding officer?
2 Contact your local recruiter Contact your local recruiter. Most posts will not disclose information regarding chain of command to a person over the phone, but the local recruiter for your child’s branch of the military can identify specific information which will enable you to contact the commanding officer.
Can a spouse file an IG complaint?
Anyone, including civilians with no Air Force affiliation, may file Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) complaints. Depending on the circumstances, the IG may also accept complaints from dependents or relatives of active duty members and retirees and their dependents.
How do I report military misconduct?
Complaints of fraud, waste and abuse in the Department of Defense or any military service can be reported separately through a hotline that has been set up. Complaints can be called in Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm EST, at 1-800-424-9098. You can also email your complaint.
How do I contact the US Marine Corps?
- Website: U.S. Marine Corps.
- Contact: Contact the U.S. Marine Corps. Contact a Marine Corps Recruiter.
- Local Offices: Find Marine Corps Installations.
- Toll Free: 1-800-627-4637.
- Government branch: Executive Department Sub-Office/Agency/Bureau.
How do I report a Marine recruiter?
The National Youth and Militarism Recruiter Abuse Hotline is now open at 1- 877-688-6881. After hearing many reports from young people and their families about abuses by military recruiters, we at AFSC are beginning to track these abuses as reported to our national hotline.
How do you get kicked out of the Marines?
10 Most Common Ways Troops Get Thrown Out of the Military
- Failing the whizz quiz.
- Taking one drug to hide another.
- Getting too drunk to remember what happened.
- Sex with someone who’s underage.
- Sexting using a government phone.
- Playing fast and loose with marital status.
- Solving an argument with a fist.
- Failure to be not fat.
What is the job of the inspector general of the Marine Corps?
– Marine Corps Manual The Inspector General of the Marine Corps (IGMC) will promote Marine Corps combat readiness, institutional integrity, effectiveness, discipline, and credibility through impartial and independent inspections, assessments, inquiries, investigations, teaching, and training.